I've been really into downloading podcasts lately since I spend more time in the car than I used to. One of the podcasts that I enjoy listening to on my way to work in the morning is the Bryant Park Project on NPR. I think it is aimed at hipster types from NY, but it is a fun way to get the latest news and info. They describe themselves as: "Bryant Park is not a talk show, but it is a conversation." They also promise that this is the "show that will change your life, speed up your commute, and jack your test scores 50 points — in whatever order you choose." Sounds good, right? The other day they interviewed the world's greatest rattlesnake sacker, Jackie Bibby, a man who sounds like he could make a mean pot of chili and probably drinks beer with breakfast, that featured this brilliant exchange:
BPP: "How often have you been bit, Mr. Bibby?"
Mr. Bibby: "Well, I've been doing this for 40 years and I've been bit eight times seriously enough to require hospitalization."
BPP: "Do you stop when you've been bit, do you just say, I'm out, or do you keep going?"
Mr. Bibby: "One of the worst bites I ever received I received on Saturday and I wouldn't go to the hospital until after I completed the contest on Sunday... because... I was, uh... I was winning."
You've got to respect that! The next time the boys tell me that they don't want to clean up the dog poop in the backyard because it smells bad I'm going to have to tell them that until they jump into a yard with 10 rattlesnakes, get bit 20 times, and refuse treatment that I can't be all that impressed with your dilemma.
(PS. Happy Birthday Bro!)
No comments:
Post a Comment