Sunday, April 06, 2008

and then there were 2. :, (

This morning the black and orange goldfish was dead. He/she was the least prettiest (handsomest), but it was still sad. I guess it was a good thing he/she died so quickly so that we didn't have a chance to name him/her. He/she was subsequently flushed to oblivion (from hence forth Broomfield Water and Sewer = oblivion).

By noon we noticed that the white goldfish with the red cap was very lethargic. He/she was chosen as an after thought only because he/she seemed like such an excited fish who was begging to be taken home. Sort of like Annie (remember the musical about the orphan with red hair?). He/she was the smallest of the bunch, but by all accounts I would've said the healthiest. Not less than an hour later his/her corpse was off to Oblivion.

By 2pm the tadpole, suckerfish, and beautiful Goldie (we did get around to naming this fish only because she had to have been the most beautiful 12 cent fish ever to be created! By the way, Goldie, if you were really a boy then we are sorry. For what its worth.) were pronounced dead. Nate successfully packaged them in Ziploc for a ride back to Petco tomorrow....

Not surprisingly, Sushi and Fried Rice have survived and seem to be thriving. I think these are wonder fish. They may out live me. I actually caught myself daydreaming about how I might wake up in the morning to find them eating oatmeal at my kitchen table, then they tie us up in the basement and take off with my car! Then I started thinking about bringing these two inside at night and locking them up. Psst, I hope they can't read this blog!

Anyway, here is a picture of Leo doing what I wish I could do some days:


Ahh the warm sunlight on a clean carpet. A dog's life! At least I can trust Leo! He is much too dumb and lazy to fix breakfast or take off with my car and for that I do love him!

No comments: