Wednesday, July 22, 2009

(Star) Trek

Today Austin left for Wyoming. He is going to be a pioneer for the next 4 days. To get ready for this day we had to buy him special pioneer clothes. Austin loved them, just kidding!
He got really sick this past weekend so we weren't even sure if he would be able to go. Austin hasn't really wanted to go on trek. He's been hemming and hawing about having to pull a hand cart and sleeping outside and crossing a river pulling a handcart. All of the work. It was too much he thought. Then he found out that some days they would be walking up to 10 miles in a day! Well that kinda helped home decide he didn't want to go. I helped him get ready to go and it seemed to me that he wasn't complaining as much. A good sign right? Maybe he was too sick to complain or maybe realizing that he might not be able to go. This morning when he woke up he didn't look that great. Blood shot eyes and a pretty rough cough. I said "AJ maybe you shouldn't go." He looked back at me and said "But I want to go." I was happy to hear that. He had changed his mind. He perked up a bit after waking up. And was happy to go.


Here is is in his pioneer clothes. Thanks Nina for the hat!



Austin and Cody ready to go!!




Austin with his Ma for the next few days



My handsome boy



Here is Austin with his family. They divide up the youth into families. They don't get to choose who is with them. Austin lucked out to get a great family. They chose the name Star Trek for their group name. I can't wait to hear about all of the fun he had when he gets back!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hey Lisa-love your blog.