Nathan participated in his first soccer tournament of the new year this weekend. After yesterday's games concluded, our team was tied in the standings with another team. A shootout was setup to decide who would advance. After the other teams player shot and made his goal, it was time for our team to shoot. Nathan was chosen to take the first shot for his team:
That was a beautiful shot into the top left corner! The next 4 players on the other team missed their shots, and the last player on ours made it so that we advanced to the next round. It was exciting. Nice job Nate!
3 comments:
I'm not sure how to speak soccer - Do I say, great shot? awesome kick? Nice goal? I guess I will settle for.....Well done, Nathan!
Nathan must be the MVP. Is that why he went first to take the pressure off the least valuable player? Good Job,Nathan.. love Grandma Lynette
Yeah, he went first because he won in practice when they had this competition. Nice to see that it translates to game situations too.
Post a Comment