The boys and I went camping for an entire week during the first week of June. One of the things we did there was to raft 19 miles of the Arkansas river. In this video, our boat is entering one of the rapids where we have to paddle hard, then hold on, then paddle hard, etc... until we get through. I am on the front left-side of our boat with Austin behind me, and Nate behind Austin. We had Nate get inside the boat completely and hold on during the rapids so that we wouldn't have to go looking for him downstream some time later. ; ) Unfortunately, this means that he is only visible in one or two of the pictures. Austin and I had rain outfits to help keep us dry, but the water was still very cold and we had numb feet from straddling the boat - sometimes the foot inside the boat was in more water than the foot on the outside! Once we got through the rapids we would take turns to bail out our raft. When we finished rafting we packed up and went to the Mount Princeton Hot Springs for some swimming. We rafted and visited the hot springs two days in a row. It was a lot of fun! I'll post more pictures soon!
Friday, June 19, 2009
High Adventure Camping
The boys and I went camping for an entire week during the first week of June. One of the things we did there was to raft 19 miles of the Arkansas river. In this video, our boat is entering one of the rapids where we have to paddle hard, then hold on, then paddle hard, etc... until we get through. I am on the front left-side of our boat with Austin behind me, and Nate behind Austin. We had Nate get inside the boat completely and hold on during the rapids so that we wouldn't have to go looking for him downstream some time later. ; ) Unfortunately, this means that he is only visible in one or two of the pictures. Austin and I had rain outfits to help keep us dry, but the water was still very cold and we had numb feet from straddling the boat - sometimes the foot inside the boat was in more water than the foot on the outside! Once we got through the rapids we would take turns to bail out our raft. When we finished rafting we packed up and went to the Mount Princeton Hot Springs for some swimming. We rafted and visited the hot springs two days in a row. It was a lot of fun! I'll post more pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I've never seen your blog. It looks like you guys have a lot of my kind of fun. Snowboarding, sledding, camping, rafting, hiking. I'm excited for my boys to get older so we can do all this with them. If you're ever in Norfolk VA, you just give us a call.
Shelley
Post a Comment