
Last Tuesday (4/29) Austin was being helpful around the house. He went to take out the trash and smashed his middle finger in the back door. OUCH! I was still in bed, and only heard the door slam. Then I heard running up the stairs. Austin came running into my bedroom. He was saying "I can't look, I can't look at it. Tell me if it's bad!" Well, it was bad. His finger swelled up to three time it's normal size and throbbed with pain. It looked like it was going to pop! We did everything we could to make it feel better, but by Thursday it was just too painful and the swelling hadn't gone down. We headed for the Children's hospital. X-rays told us that it wasn't broken. The doctor told us she had a way to make it feel much better. She took out an instrument that worked like a soldering gun. She then proceeded to burn 3 little holes in Austins fingernail to relieve the pressure. She then proceeded to squeeze the blood out through those holes as if she was getting the remains from a tube of toothpaste. Needless to say Austin's finger was on the road to recovery when he decided to play basketball, and his finger is now again looking like it did on the first day of his injury. Time to warm up the needle!
No comments:
Post a Comment