Thursday, October 09, 2008

That's gonna leave a mark!


I caught an elbow just right last night while playing basketball. I thought it was just a goose egg until I went to rub it and my finger fell into a hole in my forehead. My forehead was split wide open and was really bleeding. Fortunately one of the guys on my team is an MD with teenagers. He keeps all of the necessary supplies to stitch people up at his house for just these situations. That was great since we were in and out of his house in less than 20 minutes (anyone ready for another game?) instead of spending the next 3 hours at the emergency room. 7 stitches in all. I was a little worried when he said that the lidocaine was a few months past its due date, but it worked just fine. There is really nothing like getting stitched up in someone's kitchen while watching TV. Too bad the hospitals aren't more like that. Anyway, after our game next week I'll go back over and he'll take them out. I'm thinking either Harry Potter or Frankenstein for halloween this year.

4 comments:

JT said...

Can we call you Scarface now?

Brian and Lisa said...

I'm going to have to get used to the name so you might as well. It really itches right now!!

PerryParty3 said...

OW! Reason #405, why I don't like to play contact sports. :) I'll stick to swimming and running. AWesome that you will have a narly scar for Halloween!

Brian and Lisa said...

It is pretty ugly... I'll try to post the post-stitches picture soon.